- Former PhD student
- Dr. Jozef Benka
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dept. of Educational and Health Psychology
PJ Safarik University, Faculty of Arts
Srobarova 2, 040 11 Kosice, Slovak Republic
PhD project: Functional Status and Quality of Life in Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients
(2006 - 2012)
Supervisors: Prof. J.L.L. van der Klink; Prof. Dr. J.W. Groothoff; Assoc. Prof. Dr. J.P. van Dijk; MD, Dr. I. Nagyova; Dr. J. Rosenberger, MD; Assoc. Prof. Dr. Zelmira Macejova, MD; Prof. Dr. Ivica Lazurova, MD
Jozef Benka (1982) graduated in psychology at the Prešov University in Prešov, Slovakia in 2006 and received a doctorate at the University of Groningen, the Netherlands in 2012. He is currently employed as a researcher/lecturer at the Department of Educational Psychology and Health Psychology. His teaching activities are focused on seminars from Personality psychology and Psychology of emotion and motivation. His research interests fall into two main areas: quality of life in chronic disease and health related behaviors, especially with the emphasis on behavior change and current theoretical approaches and concepts of health psychology.
- Benka J, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, Macejova Z, Lazurova I, van der Klink JL, Groothoff JW, van Dijk JP. Social participation in early and established rheumatoid arthritis patients. Disability and Rehabilitation 2016, 38, 12:1172-1179
- Benka J, Nagyova I, Rosenberger, Macejova Z, Lazurova I, van der Klink J, Groothoff JW, van Dijk JP. Is coping self-efficacy related to psychological distress in early and established rheumatoid arthritis patients? Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities 2014, 26:285-297.
- Benka J, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, Calfova A, Macejova Z, Lazurova I, van Dijk JP, Groothoff JW. Social Support as a Moderator of Functional Disability’s Effect on Depressive Feelings in Early Rheumatoid Arthritis: A Four-Year Prospective Study. Rehabilitation Psychology 2014, 59,1: 19-26.
- Benka J, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, Calfova A, Macejova Z, Middel B, Lazurova I, van Dijk JP, Groothoff JW. Social support and psychological distress in rheumatoid arthritis: a 4-year prospective study. Disability & Rehabilitation 2012, 34, 9: 754-761
- Benka J, Nagyova I, , Rosenberger J, Calfova A, Macejova Z, Lazurova I, Van Dijk JP Groothoff JW. Social support as a moderator of functional disability on depressive feelings in early rheumatoid arthritis: a four-year prospective study. Journal of Rheumatology; pending revisions.