- Former PhD student
- Dr. Zuzana Skodova
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessenius Faculty of Medicine
Institute of Non-medical Study Programmes
Mala Hora 5, 03601 Martin, Slovak Republic
Zuzana Škodová was born in 1981, in Martin, Slovakia. In 2004 she defended her Master dissertation (An integrative approach to the risk factors in cardiovascular diseases) at the Department of Psychology, Faculty of Arts of the University of Presov.
In July 2004 she started to work as a researcher at the University of P.J.Safarik in Kosice while also starting her PhD studies at Groningen University. After finishing her training in relaxation-imaginative psychotherapy, she was also leading a psychotherapeutic group for cardiac patients and had several short-term contracts as a psychologist for the private sector. In December 2008 she defended her thesis (Coronary heart disease from psychosocial perspective: socioeconomic and ethnic inequalities among Slovak patients) at the University of Groningen.
At the present time she is working as a university teacher at the Catholic University in Ruzomberok, and at the Jessenius Medical Faculty in Martin. Her professional interests focus on clinical health psychology, especially psychosocial factors contributing to coronary heart disease, as well as social-psychological training and improving communication skills.
Thesis: Coronary heart disease from a psychosocial perspective: socioeconomic and ethnic inequalities among Slovak patients, defended at the University of Groningen (2008)
- Sudzinova A, Nagyova I, Studencan M, Rosenberger J, Skodova Z, Vargova H, Middel B, Reijneveld SA, van Dijk JP. Roma coronary heart disease patients have more medical risk factors. and greater severity of coronary heart disease than non-Roma. International Journal of Public Health 2013, 58, 3:409-415
- Skodova Z, Nagyova I, van Dijk J.P., Sudzinova A, Vargova H, Rosenberger J, Middel B, Studencan M, Reijneveld SA. Socioeconomic inequalities in quality of life and psychological outcomes among cardiac patients. International Journal of Public Health 2009, 54, 4:233-240.
- Skodova Z, van Dijk JP, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, Ondusova D, Studencan M, Reijneveld SA. Psychosocial factors of coronary heart disease and quality of life among Roma coronary patients: a study matched by socioeconomic position. International Journal of Public Health 2010, 55, 5: 373-380.
- Skodova Z, van Dijk JP, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, Ondusova D, Middel B, Reijneveld SA. Psychosocial predictors of change in quality of life in patients after coronary interventions Heart & Lung: Journal of Acute and Critical Care, 2011, 40, 4:331-339.
- Skodova Z, Nagyova I, van Dijk JP, Sudzinova A, Vargova H, Studencan M, Reijneveld SA. Socioeconomic differences in psychosocial factors contributing to coronary heart disease: A review. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings 2008, 15, 3:204-213
- Skodova Z, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, van Dijk JP, Middel B, Vargova H, Sudzinova A, Studencan M, Reijneveld SA. Vital exhaustion in coronary heart disease: the impact of socioeconomic status European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation 2008, 15, 5:572-576