EURO-Urban Health Indicators 2 (186/2010 LF)
|Project title||EURO-Urban Health Indicators 2 (186/2010 LF)|
|Supervisors||Prof. Dr. Sijmen A Reijneveld, MD|
|PhD students||Martina Behanova, MSc|
|Financial support||FP7-HEALTH-2007-B Contract No. 223711, UMCG/RUG Groningen, the Netherlands; CEMIO/ASFEU (ITMS: 26220120058)|
|Description||EURO-URHIS 2 is a national and European study (http://www.urhis.eu) looking at health issues for people living in urban areas to allow for the better planning of health services and initiatives. Slovakia is one of the 12 European countries participating in the project, represented by two major Slovak cities, Bratislava and Kosice..EURO-URHIS 2 aims to develop methodology and validated tools useful to policy makers at all levels to make health gains via evidence based policy decisions for urban populations.
The objectives are to:
- Collect data at Urban Area level (from 30 cities in 12 European countries and Vietnam)
- Provide tools for evidence based policy
- Develop methods for cross-sectional and longitudinal assessment for urban population health, including all relevant determinants of health
- Validate these tools and methods by using existing population-based registries and database
- Apply the tools in the field and ensuring they are easy and intuitive to use by policy makers.The data for EURO-URHIS 2 are collected by using surveys of existing sources and by questionnaires in youth and adult citizens.