- Former PhD student
- Dr. Barbora Silarova
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Social and Behavioural Medicine
PJ Safarik University, Faculty of Medicine
Tr. SNP 1, 040 11 Kosice, Slovak Republic
PhD project: Perceived Health Status in Patients with a Cardiological Disease – follow up 2
(2009-exp. def. 2014)
Barbora Silarova, MSc (1985) graduated in 2009 from the University of Trnava, Faculty of Arts. Her qualifying exam areas were clinical psychology, counselling psychology and education psychology. During her studies her research interest centred on the topics of clinical psychology and psychotherapy, and she worked as a trainee at a psychiatric clinic in Bratislava and Trencin. She also cooperated in statistical evaluation of research data for the department of counselling in Trencin. Her PhD research project focused on the psychological aspects of coronary heart disease. Currently she is a Career Development Fellow at the University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Silarova B, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, Studencan M, Ondusova D, Reijneveld SA, van Dijk JP. Sense of coherence as a predictor of health-related behaviours among patients with coronary heart disease. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing 2014, 13, 4:345-356
- Silarova B, van Dijk JP, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, Reijneveld SA. Differences in health-related quality of life between Roma and non-Roma coronary heart disease patients: the role of hostility. International Journal of Public Health 2014, 59:271-277.
- Silarova B, Nagyova I, van Dijk JP, Rosenberger J, Reijneveld SA. Anxiety and sense of coherence in Roma and non-Roma coronary heart disease patients. Ethnicity & Health 2014, 19, 5: 500-511
- Silarova B, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, Studencan M, Ondusova D, Reijneveld SA, van Dijk JP. Sense of coherence as an independent predictor of health-related quality of life among coronary heart disease patients. Quality of Life Research, 2012, 21, 10:1863–1871