- PhD student
- Helena Vargova, MD
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
East Slovakian Institute for Cardiac and Vascular Diseases
Ondavska 8, 040 11 Kosice, Slovak Republic
PhD project: Ethnicity and Social Class and its Impact on Patients’ Functional Status and Recovery Process - 3
(2004- at present on maternity leave).
Helena Vargova (1976) graduated in 2000 from the Medical faculty of PJ Safarik University in Kosice. In the same year she started to work as a medical doctor at the 1st Internal clinic of the Faculty Hospital and from 2002 at the Cardiovascular centre of the Faculty Hospital in Kosice (today the Eastern Slovak Institute of Cardiovascular diseases). She achieved specialisation in internal medicine (2003) and cardiology (2007). In April 2004 she began the external form of PhD study at Groningen University in the field of medical, social and ethnic differences in patients with cardiovascular diseases.
- Sudzinova A, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, Studencan M, Vargova H, Middel B, van Dijk JP, Reijneveld SA. Seven years’ mortality in Roma and non-Roma patients after coronary angiography. European Journal of Public Health 2015, 25, 5:765–769
- Sudzinova A, Nagyova I, Studencan M, Rosenberger J, Skodova Z, Vargova H, Middel B, Reijneveld SA, van Dijk JP. Roma coronary heart disease patients have more medical risk factors. and greater severity of coronary heart disease than non-Roma. International Journal of Public Health 2013, 58, 3:409-415
- Skodova Z, Nagyova I, van Dijk J.P., Sudzinova A, Vargova H, Rosenberger J, Middel B, Studencan M, Reijneveld SA. Socioeconomic inequalities in quality of life and psychological outcomes among cardiac patients. International Journal of Public Health 2009, 54, 4:233-240.
- Skodova Z, Nagyova I, van Dijk JP, Sudzinova A, Vargova H, Studencan M, Reijneveld SA. Socioeconomic differences in psychosocial factors contributing to coronary heart disease: A review. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings 2008, 15, 3:204-213
- Skodova Z, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, van Dijk JP, Middel B, Vargova H, Sudzinova A, Studencan M, Reijneveld SA. Vital exhaustion in coronary heart disease: the impact of socioeconomic status European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation 2008, 15, 5:572-576